Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cocoa Cappuccino and Red Velvet Whoopie Pie- Starbucks Product Review


Starbucks is doing their 40th anniversary Tribute Celebration and I was pleasantly surprised today by a new drink on the menu and several tasty looking desserts. I resisted the urge to buy one of each of the desserts, but don't be surprised if I review all 3 of their new cake pops later in the week.

For now I'm focusing on the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie and the Cocoa Cappuccino.

Starbucks recently introduced a Red Velvet cupcake (and a vanilla one). The Red Velvet Whoopie Pie tastes almost identical to the cupcake, but I like it much better because of the size. The whoopie pie is just 2 bites, which is perfect considering how rich it is. The cake is nice and moist, it's that really perfect deep red too. The filling is cream cheese frosting and is surprisingly not too sweet. It does have a little bit of a storebought taste, but I'd definitely buy another sometime.

I was a little confused by the Cocoa Cappuccino, I thought it would just be a Cafe Mocha with a different name. It actually tasted quite different though. It's much more bittersweet, more cocoa-y than just chocolately. I would definitely recommend the Cocoa Cappuccino to dark chocolate lovers.

Starbucks cappuccino are completely different than Tim Hortons cappuccinos, they're made with steamed milk and espresso (so they're much better). Cappuccinos have a lot of foam in them, so if you don't like the foam, you're better off having a latte.

No comments:

Post a Comment