Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Marlboro Man Sandwich- The Best Steak Sandwich

I've been reading the Pioneer Woman's blog for awhile and loved it, so when I stumbled upon this sandwich the other day, I knew it was finally time to try one of her recipes.

I had to make a couple of substitutions, but the result was super delicious.

Next time I will definitely just buy cube steak at the store. I thought that I could just buy steak and use one of those meat tenderizer mallets, but I didn't have one. I got it pretty tender with the bottom of a wine bottle, but that was a lot of work.

I assumed we would have hot sauce in the house, but it all got used up at a party the night before (lots of chicken wings). I used srichacia instead and it was delicious.

Try to find a sturdy roll for the sandwich or the whole thing will be a mess, and of course use whatever cheese you like.

The Marlboro Man Sandwich

1 whole Large Onions, sliced
1 stick of butter
2 pounds Cube Steak
Steak Seasoning
½ cups (approximately) Worcestershire Sauce
Hot Sauce (your favorite), to taste
4 whole French/deli Rolls

Melt two tablespoons of butter a big skillet.

Add the sliced onions, let them cook on medium, until soft and brown (about 7 minutes).

Slice the steak and season with the steak seasoning.

Once the onions are done, transfer them to a bowl and add another two tablespoons of butter to the pan. Get it very hot.

Add all the steak in an even layer. Let it cook for several minutes, until the bottom is nice and brown. Then flip the steak.

Once it's cooked through, add about half a cup of Worcestershire Sauce and the hot sauce. Add another two tablespoons of butter.

And the onions.

Butter the rolls and toast them under the broiler, or on a griddle if you have one.

Top the toasted rolls with the steak, onions and some cheese if you'd like.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment