Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Vanilla Mixed Berry Cupcakes

I thought I should make an accompaniment to the Peanut Butter Chocolate cupcakes. Vanilla is my preferred cake flavor and I really wanted to see if I could make entirely fat free cupcakes.

Everything went perfectly, except for one mistake on my part. I frosted the cupcakes before they were cooled, so the frosting is a little melty. Other than that the frosting held up pretty well. I liked the peanut butter/cool whip frosting from my last post, but I wanted to make something a little thicker and substantial.

Vanilla Cupcakes
1 1/2+1/3 cups flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
1 cup skim milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp vinegar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all ingredients until well combined.
Place cupcake liners in cupcake tray and spray with nonstick spray (these cupcakes stick to their liners).
Bake for 20-25 minutes, and let cool before frosting.

Mixed Berry Cream Cheese Frosting
4 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
4 oz cool whip free (half a tub)
3 tbsp sugar free mixed berry jam

Mix cream cheese and jam thoroughly and then gently fold in cool whip.
Transfer to a piping bag or gallon sized disposable bag and pipe onto cupcakes.
Refridgerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment