Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bubblegum Vodka


Being underage, I can't partake in the consuming of alcoholic beverages, but that didn't stop me from being interested in trying to make new things. I decided to try to make some infused vodka for the next party at our house (for the people legally allowed to drink).

Two specific recipes caught my eye: bubblegum vodka and limoncello (lemon flavored liqueur). They're pretty simple, so I decided to make both for the upcoming Star Wars party.

There isn't really a specific recipe for bubblegum vodka, the blog I found it on recommends 1 piece of bubblegum per shot of vodka, so I did that but threw in a few extras. I mixed the vodka and bubblegum in 8oz mason jars, so I can give what I have leftover away as gifts.

I used about half a 1.75 L bottle of vodka, five 8oz mason jars and about 50 pieces of bubble gum.

Place the bubble gum in the jars, fill the jars with vodka then seal them tightly. Place them in a safe place (mine are in the closet), and leave them there for a week or two. You can shake them occasionally when you check on them. You can leave them too infuse for as long as you want, but one week will be fine, if you don't have anymore time.

(These pictures are of the bubblegum vodka after 1 1/2 weeks.)

When you're done letting it infuse, simply remove the bubblegum and reseal until you use it.

I'll be posting a pink lemonade cocktail you can use this and the limoncello in as soon as the limoncello is ready (it needs another week).

No comments:

Post a Comment