Sunday, February 6, 2011

Starbucks VIA Coffee Pudding (for two)

Starbucks VIA is delicious. I've pretty much stopped going to Starbucks during the week because of the 50 count box of Starbucks VIA at my house. (Unfortunately, no one is paying me to say this.)

So when I found this effortless Espresso Pudding recipe I thought it would be a fun way to incorporate my favorite instant coffee and of course it would save me a trip to the store since I had all the other ingredients.

The recipe yields just enough for two people, so it's perfect for date night. I poured it into martini glasses to chill. I added chocolate chips because my pudding was a little lumpy (I didn't pay enough attention to it, because I was also baking naan.) The end result was super delicious.

Starbucks VIA Coffee Pudding
¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
1 Tbs cornstarch
1 packet Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee
1 ¼ cups half-and-half, divided


In a saucepan mix the instant coffee, cornstarch and brown sugar (do not heat yet). Add 1/4 cup of the half-and-half
and whisk until the instant coffee is mostly dissolved. Add the rest of the half-and-half. Whisking frequently, bring to a boil over a medium heat and whisk constantly at a boil for a minute. Remove from heat and pour into cups, ramekins, or martini glasses. Chill for a few hours and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment